Wednesday, July 12, 2017

2017.... the fun year continues...

To those who don't know as of yet, over the past few months, the symptoms of my cancer have gotten worse. I scheduled some rush MRI's with one of my oncologists as I wanted to see if I freaking out for no good reason, or was I right in thinking that something was different. To make a long story short, the cancer has combined with my spine at the brain stem and has metastasized at my lower back. The doctor had given me about 4-5 months to live. It has put our lives in a bit of a tail spin to say the least. 

Now of course this isn't the best news one could hear from one's doctor but we are taking it in stride. Today I start radiation to those troublesome areas to extend my life. I believe that I will have 5 treatments, as they are treating two places once again. I get a shiny new mask, my third, and some snazzy new tatts from this. Time will tell if it all worked out or not, but I haven't handled it normally yet so I don't expect any different.  

I do ask for a little space over the next little while, as I don't want Cavell or  myself overwhelmed with messages to return. Know that if we do receive messages, we may not reply, at least for a while, but that doesn't mean we didn't read your message and appreciate the thought. 

It may sound a bit crass but look at what we are facing here. I shall keep the social media world in the loop with regards to my progress but again please listen to our wishes. 

Thanks again and we shall be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment