Saturday, July 23, 2016

29 Days Later.......



29 days later….. yes, I should have wrote this yesterday for the movie title, totally blew it, my bad. :)

I got Cavell to take this snazzy new photo of my most recent scar. It’s coming along nicely if I do say so myself. The first picture is the day after my surgery, I got the nurse to take it for me so I could look at it and the second of course is of today. Time flies when you're having brain surgery!


It's hard to believe that it's been a tad over four weeks since my surgery. At a minimum five weeks since my cancer "officially" metastized to my brain and yet I'm still here doing all the things that I am, barring some fun restrictions of course. From all the appointments with doctors about treatment to the actual targeted radiation, a lot has come to pass for sure. I have started this blog for which I find is a great vent and wondered why I never did one sooner. 

I was never much of a writer at all, ever. My sister has always been the writer in the family but since I started doing a lot more with Young Adult Cancer Canada (YACC), it has seemed to open up a few of the ole flood gates and I can't seem to stop. I do have an interesting take on life to say the least. Anyone who has or has had this disease does. It changes life completely around with all the 'new normals” but there is a therapeutic way about sharing life's opinions, experiences and outlook that can potentially change a person's way of living which is in fact quite amazing. 

Sure, there's no pressure in doing something along these lines. Everyone pretty much knows my whole story with respect to cancer and how it evolved my current outlook. Remember, I didn't chew on asbestos as a kid as I state in my YACC profile. I may tend to ramble a bit from time to time but let's just blame that on the most recent of surgeries. :)

Overall, coming out of my shell with respect to many things like cancer or work has opened up a lot for me. It's made my life a whole lot simpler for sure. It doesn't take much to give yourself the once-over and just take a look at the things in your life that really doesn't amount to much but takes up so much of our time. Yes of course money, bills, taxes, etc will always be an issue for us all; there are a lot of ways to take some of the madness out of our lives. You just need to take that 10 to 15 minutes and do that once-over and just see how minor some of the worry full things really are. It's not much, but it's a start. 

Have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment