Friday, July 29, 2016

Over half way there..... Viewer Discretion Advised.



So I have six of ten radiation sessions done. It hasn't been as easy as the chest radiation. There are side effects that are quicker than previous for sure. When I had my chest done, it took about a week or two after the treatments when I developed a cough in my chest. This time though fatigue, headaches and for a first, some nausea comes into play. All fun and games when they zap your head. :)

At Brews and Bowls, a charity event, last night, I was a guest speaker there for Young Adult Cancer Canada. As I was feeling off most of the day, I took a nap for an hour before the event to make sure I had enough energy to get through it all. The event was great, nice food appetizers, Iceberg beer and everyone was dolled up for the dress up event. It was extremely warm there, sun splitting the Rocks to say the least. So the players had some food and I did my little speech which went fine. Cavell and I stuck around to get some of the food afterwards as it was about 6:30 at the time. So when all was said and done, we went over to my Supreme Commander at YACC, Geoff, to say our good-byes before we went home. After a little chat, I totally wasn't feeling well, so I casually said good-bye and started my dash outside the field. No dice. Back to the garbage can and there went my free food. Please note, it was not the foods fault and I told Geoff so. :) After dismissing another lot of free food, I was feeling somewhat normal. Cavell and Geoff were great about the whole thing and got me some napkins, water and ice for it all helped. No more sickness for me luckily that day and no one really noticed as they were all playing lawn bowling at the time. Superman had a chink in his armour for sure last night and it wasn't Kryptonite in his food. :)

It was the first public viewing of food since back in my university days. My friend, Erin, had a party at her house and I drank my flask of rum particularly fast. I was out in her kitchen in front of about 10-15 people when the urge came on that I shouldn't have partaken in any alcoholic beverage at the time. Wasn't pretty at all, had to call my roommates at the time to come get me. So there I was, sitting on her step, head in my hands awaiting my generous friend's arrival. They showed up and I got in the back, Cass started talking to me and I cut her off, told her to shut up and I couldn't talk as I was afraid to get sick again.  Oh the good times that I don't miss now. Again, sorry Jamie and Cass. :)

Let's see how round 7 and all the rest goes, hopefully better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment